Forrest Hotels Limited, a subsidiary of Forrest Group, has submitted a detailed planning application to Glasgow City Council for a new 176-bedroom hotel on a prime development site overlooking the River Clyde at Finnieston Quay, Glasgow.
Named the Radisson Red, the new-build hotel represents a £30 million investment for the rapidly expanding Forrest Group.
The Radisson Red will be adjacent to the SECC, the Clyde Auditorium and the Hydro Arena and on the edge of the West End and the City Centre.
The hotel will be run and managed by Radisson (Carlson Rezidor hotel group) but ownership remains in the hands of the Forrest Hotels.
The Radisson Red is the first new-build hotel of this brand in Europe. Radisson manage over 1370 hotels across the globe including hotels in the USA, Shanghai and Cape Town.
The ADF Architects designed Radisson Red hotel will have:
• A building envelope that will appear to change colour reacting to the different natural daylight.
• The Red Sky Bar built on the roof with arguably the best bar views in the city.
• The Red Face Gym on the roof, again with superb views across the city.
• 176 rooms with a minimum size of 28msq compared with the industry standard size of 16-20msq.
• A structure that will stand 10 storeys high.
• On site Car Parking for 80 cars
Should the application be granted, it is the intention to commence site operations in April 2016 with the grand opening of the Hotel scheduled for Autumn 2017.
For more information on Radisson Red please click here.
RELATED DEVELOPMENT: FINNIESTON QUAY, GLASGOW